[Bf-committers] Next Release

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:33:36 -0600

Now that we have our first Release behind us.

Anyone have any feedback as far as how the whole process went...
Good/bad/suggestions for next time...

We also were talking on irc about the need for a release schedule,
as well as proposed things to work on for the next release.

Ton suggested the following:
March(25th)  2.27
April(28th) 2.28
June(2nd)  2.29
End of July(SIGGRAPH) 2.30

I kind of like it personally.  We'll talk about it at the next meeting,
if no one posts anything, so you better have ideas. ;)

We should also come up with a focus for the next release:

Ton also had a suggestion for this:
Making this release focused on bug fixes,
get macosX working more like the other platforms.
Getting python working better.

What are other people thinking...
I'd also like to see ghost separated from blender.

Of course the evil(development) tree is totally separate for new features
and what not, and assuming they have new functionality thats ready for
prime time we'd work it in.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu