[Bf-committers] License for the binary distro

Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:58:57 +0100

Hi,

After a lengthy discussion at IRC with several people, I've reached the
following understanding;

- According the GNU GPL you are allowed to distribute a binary-only
version when "at the same location" also the source codes can be
obtained. That can mean same website or same CDROM.
- The binary distribution doesn't have to include the GPL license text
- Mirroring of the binary downloads is only permitted when you also
mirror the source distro.

I've limited the 'copyright.txt' for the binary distro to disclaimer
remarks. To play it really safe, we will also make a tarbal of 2.26 and
put that in the same directory as the binary files.

Any remarks on the new copyright.txt, just mail me!

-Ton-