[Bf-committers] A short question...

LarstiQ bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 03:41:25 +0100

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 02:59:03AM +0100, Kino wrote:

> > I'll use this oppurtunity to point people to our bugtracker:
> > http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?atid=125&group_id=9
> > please file bugs there to keep things visible, if you have issues with
> > the interface, we'd like to hear about that too :)
>
>  my fear is just to be wrong i think :-)

I can understand that, I was more thinking of developers using it to
file issues they come across, so things don't get lost. Not to put
uncertainties and vague crash reports, time for that documentation on
how to file bugs.

>  i have compiled the CVS on linux glibc 2.2.5 and i have posted two bug
>  but i dont know if my version is corrected compiled, how to ?

Hmm, that's hard to answer, either use a known binary (like the ones
that will be there when released), or you'll just have to know what
you're doing. When it comes to bugs, it's good practice to find out what
is causing them, and not to just look at the symptoms. Investigating
will also tell you if it's a problem that lies in the source, or a
coincidental one caused by your environment.

>  i just used and updated my system with the libs from readme
>  and
>  ./configure
>  make

That does work, but will clobber over the traditional Makefiles. We need
to make our documentation clearer I suppose.

>  it work, i started some python script, and modeled without problems
>  thanks for the wheel support and line number in the text editor
>

>  sorry for the stupid question,

Don't worry, it's not a stupid question. Better to inform people than to
leave questions unanswered.

LarstiQ