[Bf-committers] CVS commit: blender/release Makefile VERSION

LarstiQ bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 22:23:20 +0100

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:58:22PM +0100, Kent Mein wrote:
> sirdude (Kent Mein) 2003/02/03 21:58:22 CET
>
>   Modified files:
>     blender/release      Makefile VERSION
>
>   Log:
>   Ok this should fix up make inside of blender/release
>   you can also do a make release inside of blender/source
>   Should this be moved to the rootdir or do we want it sort of hidden?

Hmm, do we want people to run 'make release' themselves? Usual gnu
procedure would be something like make, make install, and make dist for
what release does right now. I tend to lean towards gnu style,
what do other people think?

>   Also I only tested it on linux so feel free to give it a shot it probably will
>   need some tweaks for other platforms but hey :)
>
>   I set VERSION to 2.26a  wasn't sure what we want it to be.

Hmmm, version numbering can get tricky, I think it's a good idea to set
the version number to something like unreleased/cvs/development or such
untill we make an actual release. Might not be a big problem now, but we
don't want people to start filing bugs against '2.26' if what they are
really using is a cvs snapshot.
Other than that, the release doc from the NaN days mentions what to do:
http://www.blender.org/modules/documentation/intranet/docs/develop/blender_release.html

LarstiQ