[Bf-committers] Bug #816 (180 deg rotation limit for trackball in 3D window) with Possible Patch

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 21:07:19 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003, Nathanael Law wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to discuss a possible solution to bug #816. To summarize
> the bug report, in the 3D window, you cannot rotate beyond 180 degrees
> in trackball mode.

Hello Nathanael,

interesting Patch. I remember wondering about the sudden "border" you hit
while rotating a 3d view from my very early Blender days :) Nice that
someone thought the same.

I've applied this to my instinctive-blender tree, and I find it very useful,
though I increase TRACKBALLSIZE to 1.7 to better match the former
sensitivity.

I guess Blender would benefit from it. Let's ask Ton though before we commit
it :)