[Bf-committers] Re: Re: Scripts

GSR - FR bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:23:25 +0100

wgermano@ig.com.br (2003-12-16 at 0131.08 -0200):
> > No shared data?
> Sorry, do you mean:
> 1) importing of scripts or plugins from other scripts ?
> 2) really "data", like presets, images, etc ?
> 3) Sharing scripts between multiple installations of Blender ?

No, but sharing scripts of the same version... like the binary is
shared.

> 1) or 2) are part of the plan, I had first thought of subdirs of
> scripts/, like share/ or lib/ for functions used by more than one script
> and config/ for saved data, this is something to discuss also at the
> bpython mlist, when we define where scripts/ will be.  3) is where
> something like /usr/share/ comes to mind, being a *nix user, but it's
> also possible to consider that each release has its own set of default,
> updated scripts and other scripts are under user control, to be
> installed where they want.

Did you never saw /usr/share/fooapp-X.Y/ or /usr/share/fooapp/X.Y/?
Unix apps have no problem with shared and user config, allowing
versions in both cases, and even having a global dir that is always
read (and if uncompatible, admins fixes it). Just look around for
examples, you should find enough to get an idea.

GSR