[Bf-committers] For the Python gurus!

Gregor Mückl bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:41:45 +0100

Hi!

boost::python has a nice design, but it relying so heavily on templates that
building even simple bindings easily takes up hours. And in my experience,
it's almost impossible to fix compile time erros because of the same reasons:
the heavy use of templates obscures the actual error you've made beyond hope.

Although I'd like to recommend this interface, I unfortunately can't because
it is so awful to use.

Regards,
Gregor