[Bf-committers] Interesting idea..

Kiernan Holland bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:02:32 -0700

Ton said:
>http://www.swig.org/exec.html
>
>Especially for Michel, but everyone who's into python.. they might
>already know it though.
>I received an email from a developer who modularized/rewrote his game
>engine using this system. Might be an interesting research topic for
>2.5->3.0 migration.

It might be interesting to see the game engine he produced to see
how in particular it was made useful.  How is this different from Python
the way it is in gameblender now?

Also would it benefit it, for instance as things developed in gameblender
to migrate the more commonly used code into C/C++, if to just to speed up
execution..  It would be nice if somehow the python interpretter could be
utilized
in game development just for initial development/testing then somehow the
scripts could be compiled into modules and interfaced as executable
code into the games, when creating an executable. So as to eliminate
any slow down from the load/parse/execution of the code..

riseofthethorax@earthlink.net
http://www.bl3nder.com/