[Bf-committers] (no subject)

Kiernan Holland bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:55:02 -0700

From: GSR - FR <famrom@infernal-iceberg.com>

riseofthethorax@earthlink.net (2003-12-15 at 2019.55 -0700):
>> the tools.. If blender breaks in Irix, its probably SGI's fault, not
>> Gnu's..
>
>Muahahaha, you never heard the term gccism then? I use gcc, but that
>does not blind me and make me unable to reckon that it has it's
>traits, so does bash and so does any app, GNU or whatever. And
>compiling in other archs is nice... not nice, great, cos whatever
>problems one compiler or processor hides, some other shows.

So the more people that can compile and run the software, the
more unbreakable the code can be made.. This seems to
meld with what John was saying.. About applying code analysis
tools and compiling it with other compilers to locate problems..

I didn't understand the intent of the discussion.. Its a necessary
part I guess in refactoring the code?