[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_osa_types.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern material.c blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern readfile.c blender/source/blender/include butspace.h blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_material_types.h blender/source/blender/render/intern/include rendercore.h ...

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:28:47 +0100 (CET)

From: Ton Roosendaal <ton@blender.org>
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_osa_types.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern material.c blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern readfile.c blender/source/blender/include butspace.h blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_material_types.h blender/source/blender/render/intern/include rendercore.h ...
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:51:20 +0100

Hi !

 Wow Ton !
 I want to code such complex things like reflections and refractions
 as fast as you.... :)

 One word to "IOR":
 There are even lists with IORs for specific materials out there for
 renderists.

 ...and for diamond cuts...

 If Blender would support IORs as a "physical model" it would be much
 easier to achieve specific effects without trying and trying and
 trying to get the "right visual feeling".

 Yafray and Povray are having IORs for their render model...

 Kind regards, merry Christmas and really good 2004 !
 Meino