[Bf-committers] Guidelines context menus for python in Blender..

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:19:22 -0200

Hi Kiernan,

Curiously your API suggestions are similar to what I've thought about /
am tinkering with, but to register on start-up.  A registering function
in each script is scanned (only when we see there were changes,
otherwise we just get the info from the file where we save it), not when
a script is running, though that's an idea for the future, of course.
If possible I'll try to make it so that each script can register more
than one menu entry, linking each to a python function in the script.
Ex. an export script might have:

Export -> Format XYZ 3d -> All, Selected, Configure

But of course I'll only play with the code, see what can be done.  The
actual use of it will depend on discussions here.  It may be decided not
to give total freedom to where a script can register functions, for
example.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br