[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src space.c

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:14:12 +0100

Hi,

I sugest the following for a cvs report on bug fix:

- summarize the bugreport (usually end user level)
- mention what the real problem was (coder level, can be different from
report)
- mention what you did to solve it

You are free to add links to the tracker, bug numbers, websites, etc.
But I prefer to be able to read a cvs report stand-alone as well. For
example when a report moves to another tracker, a URL becomes invalid.
Most important is (OK, for me!) to be able to make quick & efficiently
the release notes. Last time I had to do too much research for some
reports to find out what actually was done. Especially when it is on
parts of code I don't maintain.

I think this way, cvs mails become a good resource, and interesting
read for everyone as well.

-Ton-