[Bf-committers] Bevel code ALPHA for review and stuff

Martin Poirier bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 09:32:47 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Like we talked about during the meeting, intrr and
myself have been working on a bevel function for
meshes. Mainly him doing most of the work and me doing
the math.

General testing and approval can be done after
applying this patch:

http://www.clubinfo.bdeb.qc.ca/~theeth/Work/bevel.diff

This adds two functions to the Wkey menu (for meshes):
Bevel and Shrink. Those entries were added quite fast
and only for testing purpose. HACKISH CODE WARNING

When using bevel, you should select all the vertices
beforehand (a remove doubles can help too). It then
asks for the bevel size value (in 1/100th of a Blender
unit). It then bevels the whole mesh.

Shrink is mainly a test function for the face
shrinking part of the bevel algo. It can very well be
used as a stand alone function afterward (no
parameters, like I said, this is just a test
function).

The bevel code is in editmesh, currently with lots of
debugging printfs. Can't tell you much about how it
actually works, I only worked on the math part yet.

that's more or less it.

Martin