[Bf-committers] Cursor proposal and OSX Cursor size

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:38:52 -0500

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 06:07, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> >       1) All cursors will become custom cursors so they match across
> > platforms.
>
> With as exception the default pointer, I hope?
> Or maybe not... if this can prevent the X11 cursor hack some people use
> to draw soft shadows; this seems to be done with OpenGL and screws up
> the Blender window.

I think all the platforms use the same basic default pointer (maybe a black on
white vs. white on black change).  I suppose I could define cursor number -1
as the default.  But if it solves a different problem, why not take 5 mins to
draw an arrow in my script?

I suppose I caould also make it acceptable to make the pointers to the big
cursors NULL, and use small ones in that case, so not every cursor needs a
large counterpart.

>>       9) Current cursor API will be phased out, but will remain active
>> during changeover so things don't get broken.

>Further it looks fine!
>Are you going to use the design proposal as done before, which was
>copied to the UI doc at
>http://www.blender.org/docs/UI/ui_redesign2.html ?

UnNamed was working on drawing some Cursors (I have only made a few for
testing).  I think he was going by that as a guide.
Robert Wenzlaff    rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com