[Bf-committers] Cursor proposal and OSX Cursor size

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 01 Dec 2003 12:22:15 -0500

At 05:06 PM 12/1/03 +0100, you wrote:
 >>      3) Cursors will have definable fg and bg colors.
 >>      4) Cursors will have definable hot-spots.
>Definable per cursor, or a global setting the user can switch? Hmm,
>perhaps not that useful.

replied too quick.

The hotspots definitely need to be per cursor (ie; knife draws from tip,
not center, cross selects vert at center not corner).  The colors could be
global, or per cursor, Might be used later for color==type of operation
type communication.  Might be themeable in future.  Could
define/redefine  EDITCURSOR_FG etc...  And even have special color codes
that depend on current operation so ARROW_CURSOR could be black on Objmode
and blue in Editmode... (Or whatever.)  The point is under X11 (the most
limiting platform colorwise), we can only have 2 color cursors. But they
can be any two colors and can be changed on the fly.

Since none of this cursor data is ever saved to the .blend, we have tons of
room to expand and modify once the basic system is in place.

Bob W.