[Bf-committers] Re: osx 10.3 crash log for test files

Martijn Houtman bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:18:19 +0100

On Monday 01 December 2003 15:27, milk wrote:
> I can not do that. I have a work flow between Zbrush which must be in
> Millions , and Blender 2.3 works fine in Millions now, but these test
> files are the first to crash on me at start up.

Yeah,
It totally depends on what videocard you are using. My laptop has an ATI
Rage128 with 8mb, which is not much, so it's filled up completely at startup
and makes blender crash in millions of colors.
Maybe blender should check how many VRAM is available and according to that
show a message to the users whether or not to switch to thousands of colors
(already discussed in #blendercoders). For now, if one experiences weird
behaviour under OSX, set the colors to thousands and it will most likely work
fine (as is explained in the docs).

Regards,
--
tinus.