[Bf-committers] Game engine patches

Kester Maddock bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:16:27 +1200

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 5:23, Chris Want wrote:
> Hey Kester,
>
> Here are the probs:
>
> 1) (minor) When patching I get:
>
> patching file tuhopuu2/source/gameengine/Makefile.am
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 30.
> 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> tuhopuu2/source/gameengine/Makefile.am.rej
>
> That Makefile.am.rej looks like:
>
> ***************
> *** 29,35 ****
>
>    libgameblender_player_la_SOURCES =
>    libgameblender_player_la_LIBADD = \
>          GamePlayer/libgameblender_player.la
>
> -
> - LIBS =
> --- 30,35 ----
>
>    libgameblender_player_la_SOURCES =
>    libgameblender_player_la_LIBADD = \
> +       libblender_gameengine.la \
>          GamePlayer/libgameblender_player.la
The most important thing is that the Makefile.am's have
LIBS =
in them to prevent libtool insanity.  Also blenderplayer doesn't build with
autoconf, it needs some of the core Blender libs added.

> 2) source/gameengine/Converter/Makefile needed a
> CPPFLAGS += -I$(NAN_ODE)/include added.
>
> 3) source/gameengine/Ketsji/Makefile needed a
> CPPFLAGS += -I$(NAN_ODE)/include added.
As you can see, I've been using autoconf. ;)

> 4) source/gameengine/Physics/BlOde/OdeConeCollider.cpp
> seems to be incomplete (the top of the file looks
> really sparce and it has no includes or anything).
> I tried adding a #include <ode/ode.h>, but it
> still stopped, complaining skip, dConeClass, o2, etc
> are undeclared ... maybe the patch for this file
> got munched? Anyways, fixing this is beyond my abilities
> so I'll have to try again after this issue is addressed.

OdeConeCollider.cpp is not functional yet, it's a very primitive start to a
cone primitive for ODE.  You can either delete it or #if 0 the whole thing
out if someone with a good grip of maths can work it out.

Kester