[Bf-committers] Re: [RFC] Re: Blender profiling-1 O16.2int

Douglas Toltzman bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:48:54 -0400 (EDT)

I agree with you, Hans, but I don't think "CPU starvation" is the correct
term.  CPU starvation is when cache misses and incorrect instruction
scheduling result in empty instruction pipelines which amounts to wasted
cycles.  Just my 2 cents.