[Bf-committers] Call for postgresql help, please spread!

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:54:27 +0200

Hi all,

Last week we've suffered from disk table errors at our blender.org
server, causing in a couple of hundred files to be lost. Although we
could restore most of the server with backups, we did the horrid
discovery that the Postgresql database of our GForge site
(projects.blender.org) was not backed up... yes, mea maxima culpa!

A restoration of the disk with Norton SystemWorks gave a listing of
about 5 files missing in the Postgresql database. For obvious reasons
this makes Postgresql running unpredictable, with a lot of data
invisible or inaccessible. Most important are unavailable bug and
feature Trackers at the site.

The current team of volunteers who maintain the blender.org server
don't have sufficient Postgresql experience to find a solution for this
situation, or even decide *if* there's a way out. We are urgently
seeking for someone who would be willing to help us reviewing or fixing
the situation.

For more information, mail to stefan.arentz@soze.com, Cc:
ton@blender.org.

Thanks!