[Bf-committers] [RFC] Re: Blender profiling-1 O16.2int

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:46:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Kester Maddock wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 11:36:42PM +1000, Con Kolivas wrote:
> > Now normally, blender should just sleep and wait till X comes
> > alive again before it does anything. However here it shows clearly that
> > it is spinning madly looking for something from X, and poor X can't do
> > anything. This is the busy on wait I've described.
>
> > Second, any applications that exhibit this should be fixed since it is a bug.
>
> Say if blender is polling the mouse in the view rotate loop?  (If so, you
> should be able to just hold down the middle mouse to starve, without moving
> the mouse.)

yes i've mentioned this in the past. holding the middle mouse or right
mouse button _without_doing_anything_ eats up cpu time. it is clearly
a waste of cpu time. nobody responded.