[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source nan_definitions.mk

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 09:55:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Hans Lambermont wrote:

> John K. Walton wrote:
>
> > it would be nice, if every platform had their own section in nan_*, so
> > fixes per platform wouldn't break other, or were we there before? heh.
>
> Which is exactly where we now are again. Just actually look at the changes.
>
> Hans

yes and when i looked i saw:
   ifneq ($(OS), irix)
      export NAN_SDL ?= $(shell sdl-config --prefix)
      export NAN_SDLLIBS ?= $(shell sdl-config --libs)
      export NAN_SDLCFLAGS ?= $(shell sdl-config --cflags)
   endif

in a section that explicitly says "generic defaults for all platforms
which should be constant"
seems you were 1/2 the way there then. last change is more platform
dependant. IMHO you don't set defaults, you test to make sure
every platform set it to something in the end. but i'm a hardware
engineer, and we have to get it right the first time (yeah, like THAT
ever happened :-) . anyway, easy fix! and irix is compiling again.
once Jiri's idea for lag gets fixed and 24 bit thing, this will be the
best IRIX release ever (err, since IRISGL was dropped.. teehee).

since nobody ever gave me write cvs permissions, so all i can do
is complain, and not screw it up myself :-)

thanks!
john