[Bf-committers] restore Game Engine project

Frank W. Samuelson bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 08:57:37 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, John K. Walton wrote:

> i would prefer it seperate, then all the requirements become
> options for the irix platform BF release I try to maintain.
> let's face it SGI is not a game machine, it's not fair to
> be saddled with the game PLAYING requirements (ie opengl
> 2.0, openal..). the physics etc.. are ok, as long as
> the "let's use a crossplatform software package (that's not
> crossplatform, ie openal, ode (which took some goofing around
> with)" doesn't get out of hand (again).

My guess is that OpenGL 2.0 is probably inevitable at some point
in time.  Things happen; stuff progresses.

As far as openal, isn't that needed by the audio sequencer anyway?
Having integrated audio to sync to animation is a great idea,
even if you're not playing games.

-Frank