[Bf-committers] restore Game Engine project

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 21:20:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Patrick wrote:
>     And to the fellow who says kill the game engine, I can see you're
> point of view, as I hardly ever use the rendering functions, or nurbs,
> or metaballs etc.  I pretty much exclusively use the game engine.  It

I assume you meant "can't", if not ignore the following:

i say it because since blender 1.23 i have never needed or desired
'games'. it's a difference of intent for blender. interactive gaming
puts different requirement on the hardware than linear animation. I
prefer a blender without gaming, and with added multimedia noninteractive
support (for non peecee/linux/windows/OSX platforms) there now. we
understand our differences. no hidden agendas, no hard done.