[Bf-committers] Status of OSX stuff

Rob Haarsma bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:19:30 +0200

Douglas Bischoff wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Just checking to see if anyone is working on the following OS X
> related issues:
>
> * Plugin Loading
> * VRML2 Import
> * Quicktime Codec Options "Freeze"
>
> Thanks for any insights!
>
> -Bish

Hello Douglas,

Like Ton said;  "Go ahead !", if you have any insight on the Quicktime
Codec Options "Freeze" problem.
Thing is, i coded the Quicktime stuff on a win pc (where it all works
properly), and have no OSX develop
machine available to troubleshoot the Dialog freeze.
All i know is that when the Options dialog gets activated, OSX looses
track on which window has the
actual input focus, and stops handling events for the application. There
are QT code examples around that
have more details regarding the event handling of the Options dialog,
but this requires OSX native system
calls which i know nothing about.
The best option would be to integrate the codec dialog settings in
Blender's interface, like sgefant has
coded for linux' liquicktime, but unfortunately i'm kinda clueless on
how to obtain the specific settings for
each individual codec. Since the current implementation works for me
(heh) i gave up on the matter.
I am however very willing to support you or anyone else that would like
to tackle the problem.

Regards,
Rob