[Bf-committers] restore Game Engine project

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:07:51 -0600

> Separation will make it somewhat slower... I don't propose this as an
> improvement for the users - they will suffer from such a decision - but
> to get our coding projects managed.
>
> Until there's a confident team working on the engine, I rather split up
> development. This also to open ways for new engines...

I for one would be against this. Having the game internal
to blender hasn't seemed to stymied any projects to date.
So, if separating it makes users suffer, and doesn't
really improve the situation of developers, then
what is the incentive?

Chris
(Who thinks we should bring the 'enji' engine back as
a fast, tightly-integrated alternative too!)