[Bf-committers] restore Game Engine project

Carsten Wartmann bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:49:45 +0200

Ton Roosendaal writes:
 > Hi Kester, Saluk,

Hi Ton ;-)

 > - make final decision on how engine will be continued. Like:
 >    - with or without Solid 3.5?
 >    - move to ODE physics? (solve compatibility)

I vote for both engines. I dont care for compatibility for new scenes
and I am man enough to choose the best engine then for the job.

 >    - make engine separate binary, or plugin to blender?

I am not against that, but it should stay that lightning fast "edit,
PKEY, test" turnaround.

 >    - what to do with web player?

I cant stop saying how important this would be.... I am not sure if an
active X is feasible for a OpenSource project (Licenses etc) but I
guess even InternetExploder has a Mime Type and plugin system?

 > When compatiblity breaks (because of ODE), we can just move to a 2.30
 > release... which is about to come anyway!

We have to advance, so I think we can break compatibility. As long as
the new version is more powerfull and has more toys for us big boys
(and girls).

 > What were your thoughts on this?

My 2ct.

Carsten.