[Bf-committers] Workaround for an NVidia driver bug with TNT2 in Linux

Rene Dudfield bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:22:02 +1000

Timo Mihaljov wrote:

>Hi,
>I've been getting _a_lot_ of segmenation faults with 2.28 when editing IPO's.
>I looked into it and found a bug in NVidia's Linux drivers when used with
>TNT2. The following code causes a segmentation fault with them:
>
>glBegin(GL_POINTS);
>glColor3ub(0xF0, 0x0B, 0xA5);  // any color changing function triggers the bug
>glEnd();

I've seen this problem with other nvidia cards.  With gf2mx (on linux).
Except it makes things 'weird' sometimes resulting in an X crash.

I end up doing something like this if I know there might be a problem.
what a PITA!  Please fix nvidia :)

    glBegin(GL_LINES)
    try:
        last = 0