[Bf-committers] Re: Gameengine - ODE and Python

car bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:57:57 -0400

> I would not suggest using ODE, as it will
> certainly break compatibility with older games.
>
> The current engine is powerful enough to create
> a LOT of content (be it games, or simulations,
> or visualization). If more sophisticated Physics
> are needed in a special case, those can always be
> added with the help of Python!

For give me . But I say if it would help , break the compatibility.
If it means getting a new fully working engine really quick. I say Do
it !

I would rather have a super charged game system than a subpar thing
just so it can play the
old subpar games that I made. ( and others, wee all have some ;)  }

Ok following this thread, I see that some basic physic builds are
running around, yet are not in the BF CVS
Any chance I can get a nice OSX build or CVS drop in my mail box ? ^v^
I won't tell...

pizza ^v^