[Bf-committers] Gameengine - ODE and Python

maci_ray bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 07:16:00 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Willian Padovani Germano <wgermano@ig.com.br> schrieb: > Hi,

> From: "Alexander Ewering" <blender@instinctive.de>
> (...)
> > Concerning the gameengine, I have the following
> > thoughts to share:
> >
> > I would not suggest using ODE, as it will
> > certainly break compatibility with older games.
>
> The idea of having both systems solves this.
>
> The thing about ODE is how important it already is, the standard for open
> source applications that need to simulate physics.  It's creator /
> maintainer is well known and respected in the field, the development is
> progressing nicely and there are already many projects using it, from
> fast-paced games to accurate engineering / scientific simulation projects.
>From ODE-User Guide chapter 1.1:
A first order integrator is being used. It's fast, but not accurate
enough for quantitative engineering yet.

That comment stopped me from thinking further about my simulation.
I had the idea to give it a real forces facette.

Maci_Ray.

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de