[Bf-committers] control-m's in files

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:47:36 -0500

I got a question from a user about the nightly tarballs messing up
project files.

After talking to LarstiQ about cvs a couple of things came up.
he mentioned that cvs is smart and converts the files to the appropriate
format when you check them out.

How do we insure the project files keep them for windows users.
One solution is windows users check in the project files with -kb
(so they are considered binary files and not converted)

Another is we could have certain dirs that get unix2dos'd before
the tarfiles are created...

Also, I noticed there were a few source files that have control-m's in them.
anyone have a problem with me going through and dos2unixing them
assuming cvs does convert them automatically.

Just to be safe can a windows user confirm deny these two issues?

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein