[Bf-committers] Quicktime & autoconf

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:29:06 +0200 (CEST)

From: Kent Mein <mein@cs.umn.edu>
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Quicktime & autoconf
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:24:47 -0500

> Just a follow up Sgefant and I did some debugging on this...
> I'm guessing you just had some files messed up.
> do a cvs update and a bootstrap and
> rerun configure and everything should be peachy.

  Done...no help...

  I removed the superflous line in configure.ac, which did the job.
  After compiling I followed the description below.

  My PYTHONPATH is now set to:

    export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.2:/home/mccramer:/usr/lib/python2.2/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload:/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages

  ...but the bug remains, what was expected, since the bug reveales
  missing symbols and not the inability to load modules.

  I trace the whole thing with strace to get sure...but as before,
  there was not a file which cant be found, but there were unresolved
  symbols:

     [mccramer/] :/usr/local/bin/blender 2>&1 | grep -v GOTH
     Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "Text", line 1, in ?
     ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload/math.so: undefined symbol: PyExc_OverflowError
     Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "Text", line 1, in ?
     ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload/math.so: undefined symbol: PyExc_OverflowError

     Blender quit

 What sysmbol is not found depends on the Python code, which is used.
 PocAnim (for examples) could not start due to other unresolved
 symbols.

 The above exmaple was generated with the following code snippet:

 from math import * [ALT-P twice]

 Same code directly entered into the python shel does not have anyp
 problems, which would have, if the PYTHONPATH wasn't correct.

 My system/software:

- used system, software: -
 Linux 2.4.20
 gcc-3.2.3 based
 glibc-2.3.2.
 XFree 4.30 (hardware dri/drm enabled and working)
 KDE 3.1.1a with IceWM 2.7

- used system, hardware: -
 ATI Radeon 7500 AGP made by Sapphire
 Athlon XP 2400+
 EPoX 8K5A3+
 256 MB DDR RAM

This bug was also entered into the bugtracker, which does not except
my password anymore, in times, where my password still works.

Another bug is the crash, which happens, if the render window was put
in background (ESC) and used a second time, then.

Kind regards,
Meino Cramer