[Bf-committers] GHOST confusion

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:32:03 -0500

> Yes, it's me.
>
> Okay, a few questions about the status of GHOST:
> 1) Is the separate CVS tree considered "release" ready?

Not quite.  It still needs some polishing.

> 2) If so, has the same code been merged with the bf-blender CVS?

It will never be merged.  It may be provided as an extern source similar
to other things like libjpeg etc... but I would advise against that personally.

(The only differences that I'm aware of really is the makefile systems
and some directory structures have changed in the non bf-blender version)
The idea is to remove ghost from bf-blender.
Once its ready we will modify bf-blender so you can do
--with-GHOST=dir for the autoconf stuff and for the makefile stuff
you'll just setenv NAN_GHOST=dir

My guess is this will probably be ready to go 2 weeks or so after 2.27
is released.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu