[Bf-committers] Blender 2.27!

Nathan Vegdahl bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:00:58 -0700 (PDT)

> So you estimate it being 2-3 days of work to merge?
> Isn't that a bit long, or is the work also involving development,
> testing, etc? Anyone who can help you with it?

   Well, a good deal of the time will involve figuring out again where all the
code I modified was.  I have a much better idea of that than anyone else does,
but I still don't know exactly.
   (I would have already gotten a days work done on it, except that I was
working on implimenting another feature in tuhopuu as a birthday present for a
friend of mine.)
   Also, I still need to get bf-blender to compile.  The next chance I get,
I'll just try to compile it and post any error messages I get.  If I had more
time, I'd figure out the problem on my own (I learn better that way), but since
there is a time constraint...

> We could discuss postponing the release 1 week, but 2 weeks or more?
> Hrms... then i rather choose for a release with 2.28.

   That wouldn't be a problem.  I suspect there will be some disappointed
people, but they can wait. :)
   Tell you what, I'll do what I can to get it ready in time for the 2.27
release, but if I don't manage to do so, then you can just release 2.27 without
the new material stuff, and we'll wait until 2.28.

   Later!

--Nathan Vegdahl