[Bf-committers] Fwd: missing libGL.so.14 file for install of blender 2.2.5 on freebsd 4.7

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:56:32 -0500

> HI,
>
> I get this mail in... is anyone willing to reply this? Thanks!
>
> >fourcs@gis.net

I don't have a freebsd box but I'll give it a shot.
You have a couple of options.  The first thing is to see if you have
libGL installed?  If so what version is it, and where is it?

It may just be you need to include the path to it in the env var:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If you have a different version say libGL.so.13 you probably want to
find version 14.  I would do a web search for it.
Alternately if the number is pretty close you could also try just
making a link that points to it.
(i.e. ln -s libGL.so.13 libGL.so.14)  This isn't recommended but it
might work and be an easy fix.

You could also probably find better help on a freebsd irc channel and
or doing a web search for freebsd libGL.so (part of or the entire error
message)

Thanks,

Kent
--