[Bf-committers] some questions of protocol

Jordi Rovira i Bonet bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:02:18 +0200

Kent Mein wrote:

>A patch would be just fine.
>
>Kent

Hello,
 I'm trying to generate a patch with the following command:

     cvs diff -b -B -c > blender_ptyhon_armature.diff

  This seems to insert some cvs information that is not part of the
patch like "? filename" at the beginning of it, and also it generates a
lot of information overwriting the Makefiles. I think that it is due to
the use of autotools to regenerate them, so i've made a make distclean
but some Makefiles remain there. Actually, most of the patch is about
the makefiles...
  The diff option -X="Makefile*" would avoid this, but "cvs diff"
doesn't accept it. What should i do to generate a patch? Should i make a
patch with diff and a fresh cvs checkout? Thanks in advance.
  Once i can supply a patch with my modifications, i'll also post a
message explaining the python interface i'm using right now, to discuss
and correct it.

(bandoler)