[Bf-committers] Re: Another bug: Crash on re-rendering an oblect

Michel Dänzer bf-committers@blender.org
26 Apr 2003 01:01:59 +0200

On Die, 2003-04-22 at 06:34, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>  used system, software:
>  Linux 2.4.20
>  gcc-3.2.2 based
>  glibc-2.3.2.
>  XFree 4.30
>
>  used system, hardware:
>  Radeon 7500 AGP
>  Athlon XP 2400+
>  EPoX 8K5A3+
>  256 MB DDR RAM
>
>  I set "export RADEON_NO_VTXFMT=1" before calling blender.
>  I set DispWIN in Render Buttons
>
>  When rendering starts a window pops up (as it should) and the object
>  is rendered.
>
>  Now I press ESC to put the window in the background.
>  When I start again rendering, blender crashes.
>
>  Clicking the close button of that window and then restarting the
>  render process will not crash blender.
>
>  NOT setting RADEON_NO_VTXFMT=1 will lead to a crash at once.
>
>  Using XFree 4.3.99.2 (cvs snapshot) leads to the same results.

The 3D driver in XFree86 CVS hasn't changed much since 4.3.0, if at all.
You could try a DRI CVS snapshot from
http://dri.sourceforge.net/snapshots/ though and post feedback to the
dri-devel list.