[Bf-committers] Example documentation

Casey Corn bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:48:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all!

As promised, here is an example of the doxygen system,
and the methods I propose to use.

I looked into the way GHOST was documented (thank you
Laurence Bourn :) and I tried to pattern what I did
off of that.  Since GHOST is mostly c++, I made some
changes here and there.

I created a directory called "doxygen" in the
bf-blender directory (same level as blender, libs, and
old directories) and put the doxygen config file in
here (this file could also go in the blender/doc
directory).  This is also where doxygen creates the
html directory and files.  The config file I used is:

http://stu.aii.edu/~cmc271/blender/doxygen/Doxyfile

The GHOST project uses a file called ghost_doxygen.in,
presumably to customize the Doxyfile configuration
file to enable certain doxygen features.  We may want
to look into doing the same thing.

I documented the file source/creator/creator.c since I
had already studied it and new mostly what was
happening.  The commented file is:

http://stu.aii.edu/~cmc271/blender/creator.c

After running "doxygen" in the doxygen directory, the
output is placed in an appropriate directory: html for
html docs, latex for latex docs, rtf for rtf docs,
well you get the idea :).  The output generated is:

http://stu.aii.edu/~cmc271/blender/doxygen/html/

Please let me know what you think!
Thanks,
Casey