[Bf-committers] Code documentation

Casey Corn bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:25:59 -0700 (PDT)

Ton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Although most people here admit we *should*
> document more, no serious attempts have been made
> to do this, or organize it in some way. We do have
> a Documentation Board, but they are focusing at end
> user docs.  The Documentation Board has defined
> DocBook as a standard for their work, since it also
> has to become (potentially) available printed. For
> coding docs, plain text or html is acceptable for
> me.

Should I be posting this stuff over on their mailing
list, then?

Doxygen would seem to be the way to go because it can
export to HTML and the LaTeX form (which IIRC is
printable).  Since the comments are actually *in* the
code, they will more likely to be updated than if the
comments were in a different file.

> Since there's hardly no work done on this topic,
> we'll be happy with any initiative to help us out.
> Why not make a first documentation attempt, and
> post that here for people to review?

Okay.  I'll post another e-mail shortly, with links
and examples.

Casey