[Bf-committers] Python Armatures

Rene Dudfield bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:47:01 +1000

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Rene Dudfield wrote:
>>
>>> The only other thing I'd need for an exporter from blender into my
>>> game would be for blender to support per vertex uv mapping, instead
>>> of having seperate uv coords per face.
>>

> I am surprised that you implemented UV coords per-vertex. It is very
> hard to use that way... for example in mapping a simple cube?
> UV coords per vertex saves quite some storage space, but it makes it
> quite cumbersome to design environments.

Seems that a lot of games/engines do it this way(quake*, crystal space,
half life, ogre, neoengine ;).  It makes it quite a bit faster to render.

The way to make it easier to use, is to have different mesh groups.  So
you split the mesh up into different parts for texturing.  An example of
this is  milkshape3d.  I believe wings3d also does it this way.

Hopefully the algorithm used by Jordi Rovira i Bonet in the neoengine
exporter is all I need :)