[Bf-committers] GHOST CVS vs. blender CVS?

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:52:19 -0500

> Heyo:
>
> What, if anything, is the difference between the files existing in the
> GHOST CVS itself and the GHOST files which get downloaded with the
> blender CVS?
>
> If there are two separate CVS branches, does that imply that the
> development is being done in the GHOST CVS and that the code in the
> blender CVS is the "last stable release?"

Sort of :)

Its sort of been a todo item to make ghost a stand-alone app and
to flush it out and make it a true glut replacement sort of thing.
Removing it from blender also makes the blender source a bit easier to deal
with.  Its also a pain to have two versions so we'd like the separation
to happen as soon as possible to avoid confusion.  As far as the code goes
they are basically the same.  The build systems are different though and
some of the directory structure has been moved in the CVS version.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein