[Bf-committers] Blender C-Cookbook

Charles Wardlaw bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 06:01:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hiya,

I love this idea.  I think that, for people like me who *can* program
but don't have the time to grep around to make small fixes, this'd be
great.  Things like how to add a shortcut key for a new function,
adding items to the menu, etc.  Grep is great only when you know what
you're looking for. :)  But all that aside, a hard copy of the class
hierarchy, lists of functions by area, and what directories/files
include what specific parts of the program would be a *goldmine.*

As far as the blenderbook 2.3 goes, my offer still stands to edit it,
no matter how long it is.  Hell, if some sections need to be written
now, I can volunteer for that too (and pray that I'm not getting myself
in over my head ^_^;; ).  Let me know if this is something that's
wanted/needed.

Moreover, I know the doc project has its own CVS space; it might be
good for everyone working on the new blenderbook and all its source
material -- tutorial scenes, plain text of chapters and sections,
images, etc. -- to have a CVS space too.  That is, unless it's going to
be written by a single person or a few people living very close to each
other...  How'd the last one come about?

If you're curious about how I write, you can check out my story
"Swings" (http://www.ministryofdoom.org/cloud/swings.php -- published)
or my online novel, "Wandering"
(http://www.ministryofdoom.org/serials/wandering/).  Please note that
Wandering is largely unedited and contains a number of known
grammatical mistakes; what it does well is give an indication of my
writing ability.

- Charles