[Bf-committers] Blender C-Cookbook

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:43:43 +0200

Hi all,

Our partner in publishing, NoStarch press in the USA, is interested to
work at several new books on Blender for 2003. Apart from a new
Complete Blender (2.3) manual, they would like to evaluate other
possibilities as well.

One idea would be a book on coding for Blender. This might be a huge
task - since the lack of documentation we're suffering from. However,
it could be written as a sort of recipy book with tutorials on how to
make an importer, add a rendering algorithm, adapt a tool, etc. As a
positive side effect the level of documentation on the code could be
improved significantly with this project.

I cannot make promises yet, but I assume this work will be a paid job,
with the authors getting royalty on the sales.

Please give me some feedback on the idea!

-Ton-