[Bf-committers] NAN Makefiles...

Beau Hargis bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 22:54:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Kent Mein wrote:

> > > MAKE="make -f Makefile.NAN" make -f Makefile.NAN
>
> I personally would like to see this committed.  If not now sometime in the
> near future.  (1 or two releases)  I think it would cause less confusion
> to the new developers and its an elegant solution.
> I kind of like having the older build system to fall back on incase there
> is some wackyness that the autoconf stuff just won't work on a given machine.
> I think it makes the code workable on a wider variety of machines.
>
> Kent

I forgot one item that needs to be changed as well to support renaming of
the NaN Makefiles.

./intern/python/freeze/freeze.py
and
./intern/python/freeze/freeze_ac.py

create Makefiles for freezing the python stuff. There is a line in there:

makefile = 'Makefile'

in the main() function. That needs to be changed to 'Makefile.NAN', or
whatever you want to call it. Except for the miriad of libs and include
variables I had to keep updating when it failed to build at various times
that as all that needed to be changed to get it to build with the Makefile
name change. I dont know if autoconf relies on those scripts, or will, for
it to be able to freeze the modules. If it does, then the scripts may need
to be changed to read from an environment variable or take another option
to change the Makefile name.

--

&${\eval(unpack("u*",'F(\'-U8GMP<FEN=")<;F)E875H7$!S8VAW;V]G;&4N;W)G7&XB.WT`'))}