[Bf-committers] NAN Makefiles...

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:44:27 -0500

> Are the NaN makefiles going to be ripped out entirely? It is not so much
> that I care, but that they clash with the files generated from configure
> and as far as CVS is concerned, they changed because they got overwritten.
> If I want the original Makefiles back I have to check them out of CVS
> again.  Trying to shake out the build system, I changed every 'Makefile'
> to 'Makefile.NAN' and can build blender with:
>
> > MAKE="make -f Makefile.NAN" make -f Makefile.NAN

I personally would like to see this committed.  If not now sometime in the
near future.  (1 or two releases)  I think it would cause less confusion
to the new developers and its an elegant solution.
I kind of like having the older build system to fall back on incase there
is some wackyness that the autoconf stuff just won't work on a given machine.
I think it makes the code workable on a wider variety of machines.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein