[Bf-committers] Blender + python 2.2.2

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
19 Apr 2003 16:05:32 +0200

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 21:55, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>  using Linux:
>  How do I have compile Python, that all symbols needed are found
>  while using the Python scripting interface of a current blender
>  cvs snapshot ?

Erm, you're referring to messages like:

ImportError: 'No module named _Blender'

If that's the case, then don't worry :)
These happen to everybody who's building blender.
Here's why:
intern/python depends on some external variables which are created in
source/blender/bpython. The bpython library is not built yet, and it's
in the blender philosophy to not let any source file in intern know
about a file in source. Even though these messages look scary, the end
result is that blender should be linked successfully. When blender is
executed and a script is started, everything works as intended since the
modules are found at run-time.

With regards,
	Michel