Python Modules (was: Re: [Bf-committers] Meeting report, sun april 13)

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
19 Apr 2003 15:53:24 +0200

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 15:54, Douglas Bischoff wrote:
> > --> Python
> > Work still in progress (IanWill) on replacing the code and modules.
> > IanWill should get commit rights at the bf-blender tree. Has been done
> > now.
>
> Just a note on this. There were unresolved issues with OS X Python, and
> I am hopeful that this new work will address them as well and not cause
> NEW issues.

Erm, any new development will unfortunately cause new issues. That's why
these developments are done in parallel with the current implementation.

> If any help is needed in testing OS X compliance I am more than happy
> to do so. My fear is that the same "broken" parts of the OS X linker
> will hamstring Python even further if it goes MORE in the direction
> that is currently not working, instead of away.

Well, since I don't have OS X here, any help on testing the new api is
very welcome. Feel free to build blender using --enable-exppython and
test some of the existing modules. If there are issues, I would like to
know of course ;)

Understand though, that not all modules are implemented yet. Check
/source/blender/python/api2_2x to see which modules are implemented, or
at least partly :)

With regards,
	Michel