[Bf-committers] OSX Cocoa gets my vote

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:52:10 +0200

Hi,

Attempts to "Aquafy" Blender - using the OSX interface system - is
something I would love hosting a project for. One of our big sponsors,
Apple, would be delighted to see such attempts!

The complexity to do so is huge I'm afraid, it will mean a sortof
heart-lung transplantation. It also will probably mean a fork from the
main tree. Not something to really care about, merging of new features
might be still manageble.

I don't mind actively supporting such a project. We can devote a
special meeting to it, IRC or real life - also to bring me up-to-date
what exactly cocoa and Aqua offer. Then I can provide insight in how
Blender's interface works and can be replaced... plus assist in
planning and documenting.

Apple sponsored the Foundation with a Premier Developer program.
Meaning access to a lot of data, support, and a nice discount for
buying equipment. When a Aquafying group gets to work seriously, I will
make sure they can benefit from this program. :)

BTW: Hopefully you don't mean to rewrite all code in Objective C!

-Ton-