[Bf-committers] Python on OS X Thought

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:17:34 -0400

Me again.

At the risk of giving Maarten an absolute heart attack, I wanted to
suggest something that might improve Blender's python capabilities on
OS X.

This could be a dead end, but I stumbled across some documentation on
Apple's Developer web site that indicated that many OpenGL functions,
including the troublesome glClearColor, are UNSUPPORTED in the Carbon
framework. I know that most if not all of blender's OS X work has been
done in the Carbon framework (since the cocoa framework isn't even
referenced), and I wonder if this is a problem that won't go away until
we switch to Cocoa?

Here's the reference:
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Carbon/graphics/OpenGL/
AGL_OpenGL/Functions/Miscellaneou71456789101112.html#//apple_ref/c/
func/glClearColor

I really hope that I'm wrong here, but if I'm right, is it just a
matter of changing references to Carbon.h to Cocoa.h and linking
against the Cocoa.framework instead of Carbon.framework?

How could this be tested?

-Bischofftep