[Bf-committers] Linux Building

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 05:54:54 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

From: Gregor M=FCckl <GregorMueckl@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Linux Building
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:14:12 +0200

Hi,

 ...if it is not the compiler, than there must be something else.
 I did compilation always without any optimizations except those, the
 autoconf system itsself initiates...

 Would you please mail me the output of the command

 ldd /usr/local/bin/blender              or
 ldd /usr/bin/blender              =

 Thank you very much !
 Kind regards,
 Meino

> Michel Selten wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 19:56, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> > =

> >>  They said to me, gcc-3.2.2. is buggy (that may be the reason why =
I can
> >>  compile the whole KDE suite with gcc-3.2.2.  without problems...w=
hich does
> >>  not work with the gcc-2.95.3...sigh) so my further bug reports wi=
ll
> >>  be based only on the gcc-2.95.3. system.
> >>
> >>  What compiler do you use ?
> > =

> > hmm, this is strange. I'm using gcc 3.2.2 on a Gentoo system. No pr=
oblem
> > here. So there must be something else that's causing the problem.
> > You're buildingg on a Athlon right? Maybe gcc is causing a problem =
in
> > optimizing code for the Athlon. I have a Pentium myself.
> > But then again, you say KDE is running fine. Hrm, strange.
> > =

> > Although I couldn't be of much help, at least you know now that the=
re
> > are successful reports building with gcc 3.2.2 :)
> > =

>  > With regards,
>  > 	Michel
>  >
>  >
>  > Bf-committers mailing list
>  > Bf-committers@blender.org
>  >
>  >
>  >
> =

> Strange... I'm running a gentoo system using gcc 3.2.2, which compile=
d =

> me a very stable KDE 3.1, and all this on an AthlonXP. =

> "--march=3Dathlon-xp" was set as target architecture. And also a =

> home-grown blender build runs fine here (however, it was built withou=
t =

> the --march flag). So if there is a bug in gcc 3.2.2 I haven't hit it=
 yet.
> =

> GCC has had a lot of STL changes since 2.95.3. Now it is much more =

> standard compliant than before. This is probably why the old gcc migh=
t =

> not be able to build KDE 3.1. I never tried myself, though. However, =

> I've had to watch gcc 3.x choke on a lot of code that compiled fine w=
ith =

> gcc 2.95.x. As far as I can tell almost every C++ project I know of h=
ad =