[Bf-committers] Linux Building

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
09 Apr 2003 19:59:24 +0200

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 19:56, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>   They said to me, gcc-3.2.2. is buggy (that may be the reason why I can
>   compile the whole KDE suite with gcc-3.2.2.  without problems...which does
>   not work with the gcc-2.95.3...sigh) so my further bug reports will
>   be based only on the gcc-2.95.3. system.
>
>   What compiler do you use ?
hmm, this is strange. I'm using gcc 3.2.2 on a Gentoo system. No problem
here. So there must be something else that's causing the problem.
You're buildingg on a Athlon right? Maybe gcc is causing a problem in
optimizing code for the Athlon. I have a Pentium myself.
But then again, you say KDE is running fine. Hrm, strange.

Although I couldn't be of much help, at least you know now that there
are successful reports building with gcc 3.2.2 :)

With regards,
	Michel